Early movers: AAPL, ADP, EL, GRMN, HUM, DLPH, YUM, MDLZ & more
BUZ INVESTORS EARLY MOVERS which companies are making headlines before the bell
Shares of Apple’s European suppliers fell overnight after the company’s much-awaited iPhone sales missed expectations in the second quarter.
AAPL sank 1.8% AH on the news.
CEO Tim Cook blamed the sluggish number on “rumors around future products,” while reporting that Apple’s cash hoard rose to a record $256.8B.
In Europe: Dialog Semiconductor -3%, AMS -2%, STMicro -2%, Imagination Technologies -1%.
Previously: Apple -1.8% as revenues, iPhones miss, despite returns boost (May. 02 2017)
ADP Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2017 Results
- Revenues increased 5% to $3.4 billion for the quarter, 6% organic
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations increased 12% to $1.31
- ADP acquired 1.9 million shares of its stock for treasury at a cost of $191 million in the quarter
Estée Lauder beats by $0.18, beats on revenue
– Reported Net Sales Rose 8%, Constant Currency Net Sales Increased 9% –
– Reported EPS $.80, Adjusted EPS $.91 –
– Company On Track To Deliver Strong Full-Year Results –
Garmin beats by $0.07, beats on revenue
- Total revenue of $639 million, growing 2% over the prior year, with marine, outdoor, aviation and fitness collectively growing 12% over the prior year quarter and contributing 75% of total revenue
- Gross margin improved to 58.3% compared to 54.5% in the prior year quarter
- Operating margin improved to 18.2% compared to 16.6% in the prior year quarter
- Operating income grew 12%
- GAAP EPS was $1.26 and pro forma EPS(1) was $0.52
- Began shipping the highly anticipated fēnix® 5 adventure watch series, with three watch designs appealing to a broader range of wrist sizes and style preferences
- Launched the Forerunner 935 multisport watch, and introduced the vívosmart® 3 with all-day stress tracking
Humana beats by $0.26, beats on revenue
- 1Q17 earnings per diluted common share (EPS) of $7.49 on a GAAP basis, $2.75 Adjusted EPS
- Reaffirmed recent guidance raise for full-year 2017 EPS guidance of at least $16.91 GAAP, at least $11.10 Adjusted
- Early metrics indicate strong start to 2017
Delphi Automotive 2017 Q1 – Results
- Revenue of $4.3 billion, up 9% adjusted for currency exchange, commodity movements, acquisitions and divestitures
- U.S. GAAP net income from continuing operations of $335 million, diluted earnings per share from continuing operations of $1.24
- Excluding special items, earnings from continuing operations of $1.59 per diluted share, up 17%
- Adjusted Operating Income of $537 million, up 5%
- U.S. GAAP Operating Income margin of 10.8%. Adjusted Operating Income margin of 12.5%
- Generated $290 million of cash from continuing operations
- Share repurchases and dividends of $271 million
- Announced plans for tax-free spin-off of its Powertrain Systems segment; to be discussed on first quarter earnings call at 8:30 a.m. ET today
Yum! Brands beats by $0.05, beats on revenue
Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM): Q1 EPS of $0.65 beats by $0.05.
Revenue of $1.42B (-1.4% Y/Y) beats by $70M.
Shares +1.64% PM.
Mondelēz International Reports Q1 Results
- Operating income margin was 13.1%, up 190 basis points; Adjusted Operating Income1 margin was 16.8%, up 90 basis points
- Diluted EPS was $0.41, up 17%; Adjusted EPS1 was $0.53, up 6% on a constant-currency basis
- Net revenues decreased 0.6%; Organic Net Revenue1 grew 0.6%
- Returned approximately $800 million in capital to shareholders