Gold firms, set to break three-year losing streak
- Buz Investors Gold firms Gold is trading at $1160.70 per ounce at 10:40 GMT this morning, 0.15% higher from the New York close.
- This morning, the precious metal traded at a high of $1164.30 per ounce and a low of $1158.50 per ounce. Yesterday, gold traded 1.06% higher in the New York session and closed at $1159.00 per ounce, amid a broad weakness in the greenback.
- Immediate downside, the first support level is seen at $1149.23 per ounce, while on the upside, the first resistance level is at $1168.23 per ounce.
Gold firms Gold become set to shut out 2016 up greater than 9 percent for its first annual gain in 4 years, edging better inside the very last trading session of the year on Friday on the lower back of a weaker dollar.
Spot gold become up zero.09 percent at $1,159.29 an oz, having earlier hit a more than two-week excessive of $1,163.14 an oz.. Gold is up approximately 2.5 percentage for the week and poised to check in its best weekly gain since early June.
Other Stories Buz Traders Follow
“The dollar is chickening out and that gave some assist to gold, amid some light buying in a thin market,” said Ronald Leung, leader dealer at Lee Cheong Gold dealers in Hong Kong, adding that the focal point will now be on the impact of U.S. President-decide on Donald Trump’s guidelines.
Gold has received more than 9 percent to this point this year regardless of a steep fall in November, following three successive years of losses.
“Gold made strong gains as demand surged all through the intervals of financial and political uncertainty until the 1/3 quarter,” stated Mihir Kapadia, CEO of London-based totally sun international Investments Ltd.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Investors Buz
Latest posts by Jadtecnic (see all)
- Australia New Home Sales | 1999-2017 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast - March 29, 2017
- These Are the Best Medical Marijuana Stocks to Watch 2017 - March 29, 2017
- Exploiting and Embracing Potential Weakness in IBM Stock - March 29, 2017